Mount Victoria Bushfire
Maddens Lawyers has issued a class action on behalf of victims of a bushfire in the Mount Victoria area of the Blue Mountains, that broke out on 17 October 2013.
The fire destroyed nine houses and damaged another 60 properties when it burnt through the areas around Mount York Road, St Georges Parade and Darling Causeway on 17 October 2013.
Maddens Lawyers issued proceedings on 22 October 2015 against energy provider Endeavour Energy. Endeavour's vegetation management contractors, Pinnacle Career Development Pty Ltd ("Pinnacle') and Asplundh Tree Expert (Australia) Pty Ltd ('Asplundh') have also been joined as defendants.
It is alleged that the Mt Victoria fire was ignited when a poorly maintained tree came into contact with a powerline at Mt York Road, Mt Victoria at approximately 12.15pm on 17 October 2013. It is the plaintiff’s position that the bushfire started because of the negligence of Endeavour Energy in the maintenance and inspection of the powerline and surrounding vegetation and the negligence by Pinnacle and Asplundh in undertaking vegetation management services.
The proceeding has been set down for trial commencing on 8 October 2018.
- The plaintiff’s Third Amended Statement of Claim
- The first defendant’s Defence to the Second Amended Statement of Claim
- The second defendant’s Defence to the Second Amended Statement of Claim
- The third defendant’s Defence to the Second Amended Statement of Claim
- NSW Coroner's Court Findings and Recommendations
- Map of area affected by fire