Maddens Lawyers values applicants who are client focused and highly motivated. We provide a supportive and positive workplace so everyone has the opportunity to develop and succeed. Our office is based in Warrnambool on the South West coast of Victoria.
Maddens Lawyers periodically offers the following positions:
- Trainees (formerly Articled Clerks)
- Legal Assistants
- Law Clerks
Maddens Lawyers also hosts law students seeking to complete an internship as part of their studies. We take particular interest in students with a connection to our local area. Students who were either raised in the South West, or are now studying law locally, are encouraged to contact Maddens Lawyers about internship opportunities with us.
Senior Family Lawyer
Maddens Lawyers is pursuing a talented and driven family lawyer to join their well-established law firm in Warrnambool to grow the Family Law practice.
You will add value by offering high level Family Law advice with a client focus and take the lead of the family law team.
Based in the CBD in this picturesque seaside town, Maddens Lawyers are a well-established law firm that pride ourselves on being customer-centric, progressive and being able to deliver modern strategic solutions to traditional law. The firm offers the chance to progress your career, whilst maintaining a work-life balance. They offer the chance to work alongside experienced senior practitioners who enjoy mentoring and aiding in career development and growth opportunities.
This position offers an abundant array of opportunities to work and act in many different areas within family law including the following:
- Meetings with clients regarding property and children’s matters
- Out of court negotiations
- Consent Orders for both property and children’s matters
- Binding Financial Agreements
- Divorce applications and hearings
- Court proceedings for both property and children’s matters
- Family Law trials
As a family law solicitor within this firm, you will be able to develop your legal skills as a negotiator and work collaboratively with other practitioners across various alternative dispute resolution platforms. You will be able to progress your advocacy skills through regular court appearances and work in litigation across several jurisdictions.
- Minimum 5+ years’ PAE in family law
- Implement a high level of attention to detail
- Pride yourself on the quality of service you deliver
- Passionate about assisting clients in achieving the best possible outcomes
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent ability to draft legal documents and correspondence in clear and concise language
- Be an experienced litigator looking to take your career to the next level
- Be comfortable presenting in Court and eager to grow their skills as an advocate (briefing Counsel as required)
What’s on Offer
You will have a fantastic opportunity to:
- Join our vibrant team of lawyers and support staff, who are highly dedicated to achieving the best work for our clients
- Become an essential part of a firm with a friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to lead the family law department
- Be driven to seek career growth opportunities and promotional prospects
- Highly competitive remuneration commensurate with experience
- Convenient office location in Warrnambool CBD
- Relocation Assistance available for interstate moves
- Career advancement opportunities are also available
Full-time or Part-time negotiable.
If you have any questions, please call Liam Currer on (03) 55 602 000
To submit an application, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.